a recipe for lasagna, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best a recipe for lasagna: Easy eggplant lasagna,Sand crab lasagna,Gluten and lactose free beef lasagna,Pasta-less lasagna,3-cheese chicken and cauliflower lasagne
Gluten and lactose free beef lasagna
- 700g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g can diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g packet gluten-free lasagna sheets
- 2 cups lactose-free cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour
- 3 cups lactose-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- Step 1Spray a large frying pan with oil and cook onion, garlic and mince until meat is browned.
- Step 2Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, and paprika. Season to taste. Add baby spinach leaves and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, melt the dairy-free margarine in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Step 4Stir in cornflour until smooth paste is formed. Slowly add lactose-free milk to the saucepan (1 cup at a time), stirring constantly. Add 1 cup of cheese and nutmeg.
- Step 5Stir until mixture is smooth and thickened, take off heat and set aside.
- Step 6Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 7Using a rectangular baking dish (oven safe), spoon roughly 1/2 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of the dish (just enough to wet the bottom). Arrange 3 lasagna sheets (depending on dish size) over the meat on the base. Spoon 1/3 of the meat onto the sheets, spread evenly to the edges of the dish. Spoon 1/3 of the cheese sauce evenly over the meat layer. Repeat, alternating pasta, meat and cheese sauce layers.
- Step 8Top with remaining lasagna sheets, meat (if any), and cheese sauce. Top with 1 cup grated lactose free cheese, spread out evenly.
- Step 9Bake in oven for 45 minutes. Cover top with foil, let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sand crab lasagna
- 600g sand crab meat, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup parmesan, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 800g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, freshly chopped
- 1 packet fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 litre fish stock
- 120ml dry white wine
- 800ml pure cream
- 3 teaspoons tomato paste
- Step 1Make white sauce: Melt 60g butter and stir in 1/3 cup flour. Cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in 2 cups warmed milk. Stir over low heat until mixture boils and thickens. Boil constantly for 1 minute. Set aside and cool for 5 mins then stir in Parmesan cheese and season to taste.
- Step 2Make tomato sauce: Heat avocado oil in saucepan and cook onion and crushed garlic over medium heat until soft. Add 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and mashed. Simmer 20 mins. Then add sugar, basil, Italian parsley and oregano, season to taste.
- Step 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 4Stir 2 tablespoons white sauce through 600g crab meat. Spread thin layer of tomato sauce over bottom of ovenproof dish, top with instant lasagne sheets, crab mixture and white sauce. Repeat layers, ending with white sauce.
- Step 5Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 6For the tomato jus: Combine 1 litre fish stock and 120ml white wine in a pan and boil to reduce to a glaze. Add 800ml cream and reduce to a sauce. Whisk in 3 teaspoons tomato paste and season. Pour the jus over small portions of this gorgeous lasagna and enjoy.
Easy eggplant lasagna
- 3 eggplants
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 500g grated cheddar
- 250g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (400g) cans diced tomatoes
- 5g fresh basil leaves
- 5g fresh thyme leaves
- 125ml red wine
- 40g butter
- 375g packet of dried lasagna sheets
- Baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, with excess liquid squeezed out (optional)
- Step 1Cut the eggplants in half, and steam in a metal colander over a saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until soft and yielding to the touch (this makes it juicy and tender). Cool until safe to touch, then pull the skins off. Chop the flesh roughly.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 3While the eggplant is steaming, mix one tub of ricotta with a good handful of grated cheese (parmesan is nice, but cheddar is good too – a mixture of the two is delicious!). Add one egg, a generous sprinkling of sea salt and about a tablespoon each of nutmeg and black pepper.
- Step 4Fry the eggplant in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, along with four cloves of crushed garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the tomatoes, basil, thyme and a good amount of black pepper, as well as about half a cup of red wine. Simmer until fragrant (about 5 or 10 minutes). At the last minute, add a knob of butter and stir through.
- Step 5Line the base of your lasagna dish with dried lasagna sheets (the sauce for this recipe is often quite wet, so dried is best. If your sauce is slightly drier, feel free to use fresh lasagna). Add a layer of tomato sauce, a layer of cheese and another layer of lasagna sheets until the dish is full. If using baby spinach leaves, place a layer of them between the tomato and the cheese sauces. Make sure that the final layer is cheese, then top with a mixture of the parmesan and cheddar. The amount you use will depend on the size of your dish – just make sure that the surface of the dish is covered with a thin layer.
- Step 6Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese is golden and melted.
3-cheese chicken and cauliflower lasagne
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- 200g punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed, rinsed, dried, chopped
- 250g packet cream cheese, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 125ml (1/2 cup) tomato pasta sauce
- 100g (1 cup) coarsely grated mozzarella
Cauliflower lasagne sheets
- 1.1kg cauliflower, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs
- Step 1For the cauliflower lasagne sheets, process half of the cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Repeat with the remaining cauliflower. Cover and microwave on high, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minute or until very tender. Drain through a fine sieve, pressing down well with a wooden spoon to remove any excess liquid. Return to the bowl and add the parmesan and egg. Season. Stir well to combine.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C /160C fan forced. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper. Divide the cauliflower mixture between the prepared trays and use your fingertips or a palette knife to gently press each batch of cauliflower mixture to rectangles of about 22 x 30cm. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until mixture has dried out. Set aside to cool. Cut into 10cm-wide lasagna sheets (you should have 6 sheets).
- Step 3Meanwhile heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the leek. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 4 minutes or until soft. Increase heat to high. Add the chicken and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5 minutes or until cooked. Add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add the spinach. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Add the cream cheese. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until cheese has melted. Stir through the tarragon and season. Set aside.
- Step 4Lightly grease a square 19cm (base measurement) 24cm (top measurement) baking dish. Lightly brush the base of the prepared dish with half of the tomato pasta sauce. Place 2 pieces of lasagne over the pasta sauce. Top with half of the chicken mixture and sprinkle with 1/3 cup mozzarella. Repeat with another layer of cauliflower and remaining chicken mixture. Top with remaining lasagne. Finish with the remaining pasta sauce and remaining mozzarella. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Set aside for 7 minutes to rest before serving.
- 20ml oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500-600g beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 2 (400g) canned whole Italian tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3-4 zucchinis
- 300-400g mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Brown off mince and garlic in oil, in a non-stick pan, put aside.
- Step 3Cook capsicum. Add the mince to the veggies. Mix well.
- Step 4Add the 2 cans of tomatoes, Italian herbs and barbeque sauce. With a peeler, peel lengthways the zucchinis.
- Step 5Line a 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with the zucchini strips.
- Step 6Spoon half the mince over the zucchini put a hand full of cheese over the mince. Repeat with zucchini and mince layer and put the rest of the cheese to cover top of lasagna.
- Step 7Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until zucchini has soften serve with salad.