baking a chicken, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best baking a chicken: Baked Moroccan chicken and rice,Tandoori-baked butter chicken,Baked apricot chicken with parsnip and pumpkin
Baked Moroccan chicken and rice
- 1/4 cup apricot jam
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cups white long-grain white rice, rinsed
- 1 brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 1/4 cups Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 lemon, juiced
- steamed green beans, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Combine jam, seasoning, garlic and oil in a bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Season with salt.
- Step 2Place rice in a 5cm-deep, 22cm x 26cm (base) baking dish. Top with onion, tomato and peas. Pour over stock and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Top with chicken.
- Step 3Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice tender. Serve with steamed beans.
Tandoori-baked butter chicken
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 2 tablespoons Sharwood's Tandoori Curry Paste
- 5 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 25g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 430g jar butter chicken simmer sauce
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 150ml thickened cream
- Steamed rice, to serve
- Mango chutney (optional), to serve
- Chopped fresh coriander, to garnish
- Step 1Score chicken and season with salt. Combine Sharwood’s Tandoori Curry Paste and yoghurt; spread over chicken. Cover and chill for 2-4 hours; drain.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 200°C. Place chicken on a wire rack over a roasting tray. Drizzle with butter and bake for 20 minutes. Cut into chunks.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add chilli, butter chicken simmer sauce and tomatoes; bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chicken, cream, salt and pepper.
- Step 4Simmer for 10 minutes. Serve with rice and mango chutney, garnish with coriander.
Baked apricot chicken with parsnip and pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons (1/4 cup) no-added-sugar apricot jam
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning mix*
- 2 small parsnips, cut into wedges
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 small butternut pumpkin, sliced 1-2cm thick, then cut into 2-3cm chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Step 2Place the apricot jam, fennel seeds, Moroccan seasoning and 2 tablespoons of boiling water in a bowl and mix well.Toss the vegetables well in a large bowl with half the apricot mixture, the thyme sprigs and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Step 3Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large flameproof baking dish on the stove over high heat. Add the chicken pieces and brown for 2 minutes on each side, then transfer to the bowl with the remaining apricot mixture and toss well to combine. Add the vegetables to the baking dish and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until beginning to caramelise. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Arrange the chicken on top of the vegetables and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Divide the chicken and vegetables among plates and garnish with extra thyme.