beef recipes ground, looking for these recipes? check this for 5 best beef recipes ground: Beef biryani,Tex-Mex pulled beef tacos,Peppered beef panzanella salad,Slow-cooked beef moussaka,Spiced beef cauliflower pizza
Peppered beef panzanella salad
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 250g Coles Finest By Laurent Sourdough Baguette*, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 yellow capsicum, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 600g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Rump Steak
- 2 tsp coarsely ground peppercorns
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup (115g) pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tbs Coles Italian White Wine Vinegar
- 1/3 cup (25g) shaved parmesan
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, torn
- Step 1Combine the garlic and 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Add bread and toss to coat.
- Step 2Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the bread and capsicum, turning, for 4-5 mins or until the bread is crisp and the capsicum is lightly charred. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Rub beef with 1 tbs oil and sprinkle with the pepper. Cook beef for 3 mins each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine the tomato, cucumber, onion and olives in a bowl. Whisk vinegar and remaining oil in a small bowl. Season. Add to the tomato mixture with beef and bread mixture. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter. Top with parmesan and basil.
Spiced beef cauliflower pizza
- 1 head (950g) cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 500g extra-lean beef mince
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/2 small red onion, halved, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- Pinch sumac, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease two large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Step 2Place cauliflower in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 5 minutes or until just tender. Transfer to a clean tea towel. Stand for 10 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Carefully squeeze out excess liquid. Return cauliflower to bowl. Add parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined (see note). Divide cauliflower mixture into 4 equal portions on prepared baking trays. Press each portion into a 5mm-thick, 24cm-long oval shape. Leaving a 1cm border, spread pizza sauce evenly over all cauliflower bases.
- Step 3Combine mince, oil, cumin and garlic in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter beef mixture evenly over top of cauliflower bases, breaking into small pieces as you scatter. Bake pizzas for 20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Step 4Meanwhile, combine yoghurt and tahini in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Top pizzas with onion and herbs. Dollop over yoghurt mixture. Sprinkle with sumac. Serve with lemon wedges.
Tex-Mex pulled beef tacos
Texan-Style Pulled Beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1.5kg Coles Australian No Added Hormones Beef Brisket
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups (500ml) beef or chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs tomato sauce
- 1 tbs Dijon or American mustard
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
Tex-Mex Pulled Beef Tacos
- ½ quantity Texan-Style Pulled Beef (above)
- 1 tbs taco seasoning
- 12 small soft tortillas
- 1/4 small red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 small savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 2 tsp sriracha or chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup (130g) tomato salsa
- Drained sliced jalapeños, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1To make the pulled beef, preheat oven to 150°C. Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Season beef. Cook beef in pan for 5 mins each side or until golden. Transfer to a roasting pan.
- Step 2Arrange onion around the beef in the pan. Whisk stock, vinegar, garlic, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, mustard, paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, oregano and cumin in a jug. Pour evenly over beef, turning to coat.
- Step 3Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast for 3 hours or until beef is very tender and falls apart when tested with a fork. Increase oven to 180°C. Uncover and roast for a further 30 mins or until beef is golden brown and sauce thickens slightly. Set aside for 15 mins to rest.
- Step 4Use 2 forks to coarsely shred beef. Stir to combine with pan juices. Season.
- Step 5To make the tacos, heat a large frying pan over high heat. Add the beef and taco seasoning. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until heated through.
- Step 6Heat a chargrill on high. Cook the tortillas, in 4 batches, for 1 min each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 7Divide the tortillas among serving plates. Top with combined cabbage, avocado, carrot and beef mixture.
- Step 8Combine the sour cream and sriracha or chilli sauce in a small bowl.
- Step 9Spoon the cream mixture over the tacos and top with salsa. Sprinkle with jalapeños and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 5cm-piece ginger, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, coarsely chopped, plus extra sliced, to serve
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1.2kg gravy beef, trimmed, cut into 4cm cubes
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 200ml thick natural yoghurt
- 125ml (1/2 cup) Massel beef style liquid stock
- 1 teaspoon saffron threads
- 60ml (1/4 cup) warm milk
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 500g (2 1/2 cups) basmati rice, rinsed, drained
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- Roasted cashews, to serve
- Sultanas, to serve
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Place onion, ginger, garlic, chilli and tomato in a food processor. Process until a wet paste forms. Set aside. Place cumin and coriander seeds in a mortar. Pound with a pestle until coarsely crushed. Add garam masala and turmeric. Set aside.
- Step 2Set a 5L slow cooker to Browning. Heat half the oil. Brown half the beef for 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining oil and beef. Still set to Browning, add onion mixture. Cook for 5 minutes. Add ground spices, cinnamon, star-anise. Cook for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Stir in yoghurt and stock. Change cooker setting to Low. Cover. Cook for 5 hours or until beef is almost tender.
- Step 3One hour before beef finishes cooking, soak saffron in milk for 15 minutes. Heat ghee in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and cardamom. Stir to coat. Pour in 810ml (3 1/4 cups) water and saffron mixture. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 8 minutes or until water has absorbed. (Rice won’t be totally cooked.)
- Step 4Spoon rice over beef. Cover. Cook on Low for 1 hour or until tender.
- Step 5Top biryani with cashews, sultanas, coriander sprigs and extra chilli.
Slow-cooked beef moussaka
- 750g Coles Australian No Added Hormones Gravy Beef, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 690g Coles Italian Passata
- 1/2 cup (140g) tomato paste
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tbs chopped oregano
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced crossways
- 375g smooth ricotta
- 2 tbs buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (40g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp ground paprika
- Oregano sprigs, to serve
- Step 1Place the beef and flour in a large bowl and toss to combine. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat.
- Step 2Cook the beef, in 3 batches, turning occasionally, for 5 mins or until brown all over. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Step 3Add the onion, celery, garlic, passata, tomato paste and sugar to the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Season. Cover and cook for 4 hours on high (or 6 hours on low) or until beef is very tender. Stir in the chopped oregano.
- Step 4Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Spray a baking tray with olive oil spray. Place the eggplant slices on the tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook under the grill for 2 mins each side or until the eggplant is lightly browned and tender.
- Step 5Arrange the eggplant slices over the beef mixture in the slow cooker. Place the ricotta, buttermilk and parmesan in a bowl and stir until smooth. Season. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over the eggplant in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and cook for 30 mins on high (or 1 hour on low) or until heated through.
- Step 6Sprinkle the moussaka with oregano sprigs to serve.