blackberry cobbler, looking for these recipes? check this for 2 best blackberry cobbler: Pear and blackberry cobbler
Pear and blackberry cobbler
- 4 large ripe beurre bosc pears, skin on
- 125g frozen blackberries
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra, to serve
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- Thick Greek-style yoghurt, to serve (optional)
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) gluten-free plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 50g chilled butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 40g (1/4 cup) halved pistachios
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Cut the pears into quarters lengthways and remove the cores. Cut each quarter into 2-3 wedges, depending on the size of the pear. Place the pear in a 5cm-deep, round 26cm pie dish. Add the blackberries, maple syrup, lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Toss to combine. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes or until the fruit has softened slightly. Transfer a few pieces of fruit to a small bowl and reserve for the top.
- Step 2Meanwhile, for the topping, place the flour, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir to combine. Use SEE PAGE 22 your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Make a well in the centre. Add the maple syrup, eggs and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Step 3Spoon the topping mixture over the hot fruit in the dish. Top with the reserved fruit. Scatter over the pistachios. Bake the cobbler for 30-35 minutes or until the topping is golden and cooked through – It should be quite cakey. Drizzle with extra maple syrup and serve with a dollop of yoghurt, if you like.