cheese macaroni, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best cheese macaroni:
- 280g (2 cups) dried straight macaroni
- 10 thin slices (about 160g) prosciutto
- 60mls (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 large brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 60g (3 tablespoons) butter
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 625mls (2 1/2 cups) milk
- 1 300ml carton thin cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & ground white pepper, to taste
- 110g (1 1/4 cups) grated tasty cheddar
- 50g (1 cup) fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh continental parsley
- Step 1Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water, following packet directions, until al dente. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 the prosciutto and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining prosciutto. (See microwave tip.) Cool and then break into small pieces.
- Step 3Reduce heat to medium-low and add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the frying pan along with the onions and sugar. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and golden. Set aside.
- Step 4Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush six 375mls (1 1/2-cup) individual ovenproof dishes, or a 20 x 28.5cm (base measurement), 6cm-deep, 2-litre (8-cup) ovenproof dish, with the melted butter to grease.
- Step 5Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes or until melted and foaming. Add the flour and stir with a whisk for 1 minute or until the mixture bubbles. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Combine the milk and cream in a jug. Add 125mls (1/2 cup) of the milk mixture at a time, whisking constantly between additions to prevent lumps from forming.
- Step 6Return the saucepan to medium-high heat and stir with a wooden spoon until the sauce comes to the boil and thickens. Remove from the heat, add the mustard, salt and pepper and whisk until well combined. Add the cheddar and stir with a wooden spoon until the cheddar melts. Add the drained macaroni, prosciutto and onions and stir to combine.
- Step 7Combine the breadcrumbs, parsley and remaining olive oil in a medium bowl.
- Step 88. Spoon macaroni mixture into greased dishes/dish. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over the top. Place on a baking tray and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and edges are bubbling.
- 500g macaroni pasta
- 60g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs, separated
- 125g Gruyere or strong tasty cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup (100g) mascarpone or cream cheese
- 75g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, extra
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 5cm deep, 24cm x 30cm ovenproof baking dish.
- Step 2Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- Step 3Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until well combined. Return to stovetop. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, until sauce comes to the boil.
- Step 4Remove sauce from heat. Add nutmeg and egg yolks. Mix until well combined. Add cheeses, and salt and pepper. Stir until cheese has melted. Combine sauce and pasta.
- Step 5Beat eggwhites until soft peaks form. Using a large metal spoon, fold eggwhites through pasta. Spoon into baking dish. Sprinkle with extra parmesan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden and piping hot. Serve.
- 250g dried macaroni
- 60g reduced-fat spread
- 1/3 cup plain flour
- 3 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 80g shortcut bacon, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs (see note)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Once foaming, add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Whisk in the milk. Return to medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in cheese.
- Step 3Lightly grease an 8-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Stir cooked macaroni into cheese sauce. Spoon into dish. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon, onions and garlic. Cook for 3 minutes, or until bacon is slightly crisp. Add breadcrumbs. Toss to combine. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over pasta. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden and piping hot.
- Step 4Serve macaroni cheese with salad, if desired.
- 1 x 400g pkt Vetta Express dried rollini pasta
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 2 x 530g btls Dolmio Pasta Bake Bechamel Lasagne Sauce
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 40g (1/2 cup) coarsely grated cheddar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 125g ham slices, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- Step 1Cook the pasta and peas in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 3 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 2Place the pan over medium-low heat. Stir in the bechamel sauce, milk, cheddar and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until the cheddar melts and the mixture is heated through. Add the ham and stir until well combined.
- Step 3Divide the macaroni cheese among serving dishes. Sprinkle with basil leaves and serve immediately.
- 400g dried macaroni pasta
- 375ml can Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 150g Mersey Valley Vintage Club Spreadable cheese – Original
- 3 large shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the evaporated milk and cheddar in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the cheddar melts and the mixture is smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Add the shallot and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Step 3Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Pour over the sauce and toss to combine. Season with pepper.
- 150g macaroni
- 100ml pure (thin) cream
- 2 tablespoons grated cheddar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- Step 1Cook pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Drain.
- Step 2Return pasta to pan with cream, cheddar, most of the parmesan, salt and pepper. Stir to coat.
- Step 3Heat grill to medium-high. Tip pasta into four warm, lightly buttered 1-cup ramekins and scatter with crumbs and remaining parmesan. Brown under grill for 1-2 minutes.