chicken breast recipes, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best chicken breast recipes:
Healthier chicken breast and zucchini linguine
- 450g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g zucchini noodles
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light cream
- 80ml (1/3 cup) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 30g baby spinach, to serve
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Step 1Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken well and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Step 2Heat oil in the pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the light cream and chicken stock. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are just tender but not soft.
- Step 3Slice the chicken and toss through the sauce along with the dill and chives. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the spinach and parmesan, to serve.
Garlic butter chicken and vegies
- 520g uncrumbed chicken breast schnitzel
- 80g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons baby basil leaves
- Step 1Season chicken well. Melt 20g of the butter in a non-stick heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Heat remaining butter in the pan. Cook the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are tender. Return chicken to the pan to heat through.
- Step 3Slice the chicken and divide among serving dishes with the vegetables. Scatter over the basil leaves and serve with freshly ground black pepper.
Rolled chicken breast stuffed with spinach and ricotta
- 2 1/2 cups chopped English spinach
- 1 cup (240g) low-fat fresh ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil leaves
- Zest of 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 1 small eschalot, finely chopped
- 1 eggwhite
- 4 chicken breast minute steaks (thinly sliced chicken breast, about 120g each, see Note)
- 2 cups good-quality chunky tomato pasta sauce
- Dressed rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200°C. Blanch the spinach in boiling salted water for 1-2 minutes. Drain. Squeeze to remove water. Mix in a bowl with ricotta, parmesan, basil, zest, eschalot and eggwhite. Season.
- Step 2Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken breasts to about 8mm thick. Place each breast on a square of foil. Place 4 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture at one end of the chicken, then roll up tightly in foil and twist ends to secure. Place on a baking tray, then bake for 20 minutes or until cooked. Leave the chicken (in foil) to rest in a warm place for 10 minutes.
- Step 3While the chicken is resting, warm through the pasta sauce over medium heat. Remove foil from the chicken and slice into 1.5cm rounds. Divide the sauce among plates, top with the chicken, then serve with rocket leaves.
Spinach and feta chicken breasts
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 80g soft feta, crumbled
- 4 (about 800g) chicken breast fillets
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 sebago potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Step 1Place the spinach in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Squeeze as much excess liquid from the spinach as possible. Use a large knife to coarsely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Add the feta and stir to combine.
- Step 3Cut a small pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Spoon the spinach mixture into each pocket. Wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each to enclose filling.
- Step 4Cook the potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Drain well and return to pan. Mash until smooth. Add sour cream and milk and stir to combine. Taste and season.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 6Spoon mashed potato evenly among serving plates. Slice the chicken and arrange on the potato and serve immediately.