chicken roast, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best chicken roast:
Chicken, roasted potato and egg salad
- 600g desiree potatoes, cut into wedges
- olive oil cooking spray
- 400g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 90g baby rocket
- 1/2 bunch chives, cut into 1.5cm lengths
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in a lightly greased roasting pan. Spray with oil. Roast, turning 2 to 3 times, for 45 minutes or until golden and tender. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a heavy-based frying pan over medium-low heat. Spray both sides chicken with oil. Cook for 10 minutes each side or until cooked through. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Step 3Place eggs in a saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 3 minutes (see note). Drain. Run cold water over eggs.
- Step 4Combine oil, vinegar and mustard in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid and shake to combine. Place potatoes, chicken, tomatoes, rocket and chives in a large bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine. Arrange salad in bowls. Peel eggs and break open on salads. Season with pepper. Serve.
One-pan weeknight mini chicken roast
- 4 (580g) chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 2 large fennel bulbs, trimmed, cut into wedges
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 800g pkt McCain Roast Potatoes Traditional
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C or 200C fan-forced. Place 2 large baking trays in oven.
- Step 2Place chicken, fennel, tomatoes, garlic, lemon, oil and fennel seeds in a large bowl. Season and toss to coat. Place on hot tray along with potatoes. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked, vegetables are golden and potatoes are crunchy.
Poached chicken & roast fennel salad
- 3 (750g) free range chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 (500g) large fennel bulb, trimmed
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 6 (100g) slices pancetta
- 1 bunch Tuscan cabbage, stems removed, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup (85g) sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 150g goat's cheese in vine ash, crumbled
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Place chicken in a single layer in a medium frying pan. Cover with cold water, cover pan and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and cool then shred meat.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cut fennel into thin wedges, place in a small roasting pan and drizzle with half the oil. Roast for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender. Cook pancetta in a small frying pan over medium heat until crisp, then break into pieces.
- Step 3Place cabbage, chicken, fennel and sun-dried tomatoes and pancetta in a large bowl. Combine remaining oil, juice and mustard, add to salad and toss well.
- Step 4Divide mixture between serving plates and sprinkle with goat’s cheese. Serve.
Quick chicken roast
- 6 thyme sprigs, leaves picked
- 4 anchovies in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 8 chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- 800g baby kipfler potatoes, halved lengthways
- 100g speck or streaky bacon, cut into 5mm-thick batons
- 250g baby truss tomatoes
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Step 2Combine the thyme, anchovies, oregano, chilli, oil, garlic and lemon zest in a bowl. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Add the potatoes and toss to combine. Place on a large baking tray and scatter over the speck.
- Step 3Cut the zested lemon into wedges and add to the tray. Season and roast for 40 minutes or until chicken is golden and potatoes tender. Remove from the oven and top with tomatoes. Roast for a further 10-15 minutes until tomatoes are blistered.
- Step 4Squeeze over roasted lemon juice to serve.
Chicken roasted with red wine and grapes
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 350g large seedless red grapes, cut into small bunches
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar, plus extra to drizzle
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 chicken thigh cutlets (with skin on and bone in)
- 200ml light red wine (such as pinot noir or merlot)
- 2 fresh bay leaves (see Notes)
- Creamy mashed potato, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C. Scatter onion wedges and grapes in a lightly oiled roasting pan, then toss with the balsamic vinegar, rosemary, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until onions are tinged golden and the grapes have wilted.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a heavy-based frypan over high heat and brown the chicken skin-side down for 15 minutes or until deep golden (cover the pan with a splatter guard if possible).
- Step 3Add the chicken, skin-side up, to the roasting pan with the onion and grapes. Add the red wine and bay leaves and roast for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Step 4Serve the chicken, grapes and onion with mash, drizzled with the pan juices and a little extra balsamic vinegar.
Whole chicken roasted in a salt crust
- 4 1/2 cups (675g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (160g) cooking salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked.
- 1 (about 1.8kg) whole fresh chicken
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 40g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, bruised, thinly sliced
- Steamed baby carrots, to serve
- Steamed snow peas, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the flour, salt, thyme in a bowl. Add the water and egg and stir until well combined. Knead on a lightly floured surface for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Step 2Rinse chicken cavity under cold water. Pat dry inside and out with paper towel. Place in a small roasting pan. Place the bay leaves, rosemary, half the lemon slices and half the thyme sprigs in the chicken cavity. Lift the skin under the breast. Place the garlic, butter, remaining lemon slices and remaining thyme under the skin. Loosely tie the legs together with kitchen string. Brush with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface large enough to fit over the chicken. Place over the chicken and seal around the edge. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour 45 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside for 15 minutes to rest.
- Step 4To serve, use a large sharp knife to break open the crust. Serve chicken with baby carrots and snow peas, if desired.