egg fried rice, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best egg fried rice:
Egg fried rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 lup chong (Chinese sausage), thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 bunch gai lan, stems cut into 5cm lengths, leaves roughly chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked white long-grain rice (see note)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Step 1Heat a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 the peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add egg. Cook, tossing and breaking up egg into large chunks, for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to heatproof bowl.
- Step 2Carefully, wipe wok clean. Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add remaining peanut oil. Swirl to coat. Add sausage. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until crisp. Add onion, carrot, capsicum and gai lan stems. Stir-fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Add gai lan leaves, rice, peas, oyster sauce and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 3Toss 1/2 the egg through fried rice. Serve topped with remaining egg and drizzle with sesame oil.
Sticky maple bacon fried rice
- 6 slices short cut bacon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 100g (1 1/2 cups) chopped broccoli
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 green shallots, sliced
- 450g packet microwave brown rice, heated as directed
- 80g (1/2 cup) frozen peas, thawed slightly
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Step 1Preheat a grill and line a baking tray with foil. Place the bacon in a single layer on the prepared tray and brush with half of the maple syrup. Grill for 3-5 minutes. Turn and brush the other side with the remaining maple syrup. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool slightly. Chop into large pieces.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large wok or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg and cook for 2 minutes, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it sets. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the wok and add the broccoli, carrot and shallot. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just tender. Add the rice and peas and stir-fry for a further 3 minutes or until heated through. Serve topped with the bacon and egg.
Cauliflower fried rice with prawns
- 1 (about 900g) small head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or macadamia oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, plus extra to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 3 green shallots, sliced
- 1 small carrot, peeled, shredded
- 150g (1 cup) frozen peas, thawed
- 400g cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Black sesame seeds, to serve
- Fried shallots, to serve
- Fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- Step 1In 2 batches, process cauliflower in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Use a fork to whisk together the egg, half the soy sauce and 1 tbs water in a jug. Add half the egg mixture to the pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with a further 1 tsp of the oil and the remaining egg mixture. Roll up omelettes and thinly slice.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Add the cauliflower and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Step 4Add the green shallot, carrot and peas to the pan, and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the prawns and sesame oil and cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Drizzle with the remaining soy sauce. Season. Divide the fried rice among bowls. Top with the omelette, sesame seeds, fried shallot and coriander.
Prawn and egg fried rice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 small red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- 6 spring onions, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400g peeled green prawns, tails intact
- 200g white rice, cooked to packet instructions
- 1/3 cup (80ml) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 cup (120g) frozen peas
- Coriander leaves (optional), to serve
- Lime wedges (optional), to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons sunflower oil in a wok or large frypan over medium- high heat. Add the egg and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until softly scrambled. Remove egg from the pan and set aside.
- Step 2Add remaining 2 tablespoons sunflower oil to the pan, then cook chilli, spring onion and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes until opaque. Return egg to the pan with rice, soy, sesame oil, sweet chilli sauce and peas, then cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes to warm through. Garnish with coriander and serve with lime wedges, if using.
Egg fried rice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 eggs
- 400g mixed stir-fry vegetables, sliced or diced (beans, mushrooms, peas, celery, corn)
- 2 cups lean ham, diced
- 600g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons kecap manis (Indonesian soy sauce)
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- Step 1Heat half of the oil in a wok until hot, add two lightly beaten eggs and cook until just set, remove from wok and cut into strips.
- Step 2Place wok back on the stove, add remaining oil and heat until high. Add the vegetables and ham, and stir fry for a minute.
- Step 3Add rice and toss, season with soy and kecap manis, add the egg strips and stir fry until heated through.
- Step 4Heat a separate non-stick frypan until hot, spray with canola oil then fry the remaining 4 eggs.
- Step 5Divide fried rice among plates, top each with 1 or 2 fried eggs and garnish with spring onion.
Breakfast fried rice
- 1 teaspoon macadamia oil
- 3/4 cup sliced vegetables (such as broccoli, beans, carrot, zucchini)
- 1/2 x 125g tub 90-second microwave brown rice
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced tamari
- 1 pan-fried egg or poached egg, to serve
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli sauce
- Step 1Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Cook the vegies, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Add rice and tamari and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Serve rice topped with egg. Drizzle over the chilli sauce.