Constipation is a health condition which is characterized by irregular bowel movement, decrease in the weight or volume of the bowel and improper or incomplete evacuation of bowel. Due to this, the toxins are not flushed out from our body regularly. If constipationis not treated on a timely basis, the toxins may get into our blood stream and as a result the toxins may enter other parts of our body. This will cause malfunctioning of our body.
The major causes of constipation are lack or insufficient fiber content, insufficient intake of fluids, high intake of oily or refined foods, irregular intake of meals, controlling the stools under pressure due to laziness or improper toilet facilities, incomplete chewing of meals. Constipation is also caused due to some diseases like diabetes, tumors and hyperacidity.
Some of the home remedies for constipation are given below.
1. Drinking around 8 to 10 glasses of water or even more is a sure remedy for constipation. Warm water will be more beneficial.
2. Before going to bed drink a glass of warm milk. When the constipation is severe, two spoons of castor oil can be added to the warm milk.
3. One or two teaspoons of aloe gel will be useful for constipation.
4. Mixture of ½ spoons of honey and warm water is one of the traditional remedies for treating constipation.
5. Regular physical exercise is very essential to prevent constipation. This is why bedridden people who take solid foods suffer constipation.
6. Eating plenty of fruits and vegetables will prevent constipation. In fact, if you are a non-vegetarian, then switch your diet to vegetarian ones. You will find the difference.
7. For severe constipation figs dipped in water is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
8. Mango is a natural and effective home remedy for constipation.
9. A mixture of spinach juice and carrot juice instantly relieves constipation.
10. Taking 2 teaspoons of castor oil will relieve constipation. This is one of the most effective and ancient home remedies for constipation.
11. ‘Vajrasana’ is one of the yoga exercises, meant for treating constipation.
Nevertheless, one must essentially pay attention to his/her diet to prevent constipation. Vegetarian foods are better if you often suffer due to constipation. Say no to pizzas, bread and other refined foods. Hence, besides using the above home remedies for constipation, it is vital to follow a healthy diet to prevent constipation.