lasagna recipes, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best lasagna recipes: Easy eggplant lasagna,Gluten and lactose free beef lasagna,Pasta-less lasagna
- 20ml oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500-600g beef mince
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, diced
- 2 (400g) canned whole Italian tomatoes
- 2-3 tablespoons Italian herbs
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3-4 zucchinis
- 300-400g mozzarella cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 2Brown off mince and garlic in oil, in a non-stick pan, put aside.
- Step 3Cook capsicum. Add the mince to the veggies. Mix well.
- Step 4Add the 2 cans of tomatoes, Italian herbs and barbeque sauce. With a peeler, peel lengthways the zucchinis.
- Step 5Line a 20cm x 20cm ovenproof dish with the zucchini strips.
- Step 6Spoon half the mince over the zucchini put a hand full of cheese over the mince. Repeat with zucchini and mince layer and put the rest of the cheese to cover top of lasagna.
- Step 7Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until zucchini has soften serve with salad.
Easy eggplant lasagna
- 3 eggplants
- 400g fresh ricotta
- 500g grated cheddar
- 250g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (400g) cans diced tomatoes
- 5g fresh basil leaves
- 5g fresh thyme leaves
- 125ml red wine
- 40g butter
- 375g packet of dried lasagna sheets
- Baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Frozen spinach, defrosted, drained, with excess liquid squeezed out (optional)
- Step 1Cut the eggplants in half, and steam in a metal colander over a saucepan of boiling water for about 10 minutes, or until soft and yielding to the touch (this makes it juicy and tender). Cool until safe to touch, then pull the skins off. Chop the flesh roughly.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 3While the eggplant is steaming, mix one tub of ricotta with a good handful of grated cheese (parmesan is nice, but cheddar is good too – a mixture of the two is delicious!). Add one egg, a generous sprinkling of sea salt and about a tablespoon each of nutmeg and black pepper.
- Step 4Fry the eggplant in about 3 tablespoons of olive oil, along with four cloves of crushed garlic. Once the garlic is fragrant, add the tomatoes, basil, thyme and a good amount of black pepper, as well as about half a cup of red wine. Simmer until fragrant (about 5 or 10 minutes). At the last minute, add a knob of butter and stir through.
- Step 5Line the base of your lasagna dish with dried lasagna sheets (the sauce for this recipe is often quite wet, so dried is best. If your sauce is slightly drier, feel free to use fresh lasagna). Add a layer of tomato sauce, a layer of cheese and another layer of lasagna sheets until the dish is full. If using baby spinach leaves, place a layer of them between the tomato and the cheese sauces. Make sure that the final layer is cheese, then top with a mixture of the parmesan and cheddar. The amount you use will depend on the size of your dish – just make sure that the surface of the dish is covered with a thin layer.
- Step 6Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until the top layer of cheese is golden and melted.
Gluten and lactose free beef lasagna
- 700g beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 800g can diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch salt and pepper, to taste
- 200g packet gluten-free lasagna sheets
- 2 cups lactose-free cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free cornflour
- 3 cups lactose-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, or to taste
- Step 1Spray a large frying pan with oil and cook onion, garlic and mince until meat is browned.
- Step 2Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, herbs, and paprika. Season to taste. Add baby spinach leaves and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, melt the dairy-free margarine in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Step 4Stir in cornflour until smooth paste is formed. Slowly add lactose-free milk to the saucepan (1 cup at a time), stirring constantly. Add 1 cup of cheese and nutmeg.
- Step 5Stir until mixture is smooth and thickened, take off heat and set aside.
- Step 6Preheat oven to 180C.
- Step 7Using a rectangular baking dish (oven safe), spoon roughly 1/2 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of the dish (just enough to wet the bottom). Arrange 3 lasagna sheets (depending on dish size) over the meat on the base. Spoon 1/3 of the meat onto the sheets, spread evenly to the edges of the dish. Spoon 1/3 of the cheese sauce evenly over the meat layer. Repeat, alternating pasta, meat and cheese sauce layers.
- Step 8Top with remaining lasagna sheets, meat (if any), and cheese sauce. Top with 1 cup grated lactose free cheese, spread out evenly.
- Step 9Bake in oven for 45 minutes. Cover top with foil, let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.