lemon bar, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best lemon bar: Coconut lemon bars,Pammie's lemon bars,Chocolate, coconut and lemon bars
Chocolate, coconut and lemon bars
- 220g cold unsalted butter
- 120g (1 2/3 cups) shredded coconut, plus extra, to decorate
- 200g (1 1/4 cups) icing sugar
- 50g (1/3 cup) self-raising flour
- 2 lemons, zested, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 6 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
- 100g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an 8-hole, 6cm x 9cm mini loaf pan and line bases with baking paper.
- Step 2Melt 150g butter in a small pan over low heat. Place coconut in a large bowl. Sift over icing sugar, flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in zest, vanilla, melted butter and egg whites until just combined.
- Step 3Spoon batter into lined pan and bake for 25 minutes or until bars are golden and spring back when lightly pressed. Immediately run a small knife around each bar, then carefully ease them out of the pan. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Step 4Meanwhile, to make lemon curd, place egg yolks and caster sugar in a bowl and whisk until combined. Add lemon juice and whisk until incorporated. Fill a saucepan one-third full with water and bring to a simmer over low–medium heat. Place bowl over the pan and whisk continuously for 5 minutes or until the mixture thickens to the consistency of double cream. Whisk in 50g finely chopped butter until melted, then chill for 2 hours to firm. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Step 5Place chocolate and remaining 20g chopped butter in a small heatproof bowl, then place bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Step 6To assemble, cut coconut bars in half horizontally. Spread with lemon curd, then sandwich bars. Spread chocolate on top and decorate with extra coconut. Chill for 5 minutes to firm chocolate.
Coconut lemon bars
- 1 1/2 cups (225g) plain flour
- 1/2 cup (80g) icing sugar mixture
- 180g chilled butter, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 1/2 cups (315g) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup (125ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (65g) shredded coconut
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and sides of a 20 x 30cm lamington pan with baking paper, allowing the 2 long sides to overhang.
- Step 2Place the flour, icing sugar and butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Spoon into the prepared pan and press mixture evenly over the base with the back of a spoon.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Step 4Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, sugar, lemon rind and juice, baking powder and three-quarters of the coconut in a large bowl until well combined. Pour over the base and sprinkle evenly with remaining coconut. Bake in oven for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from oven and set aside in pan to cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.
Pammie's lemon bars
- 180g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80g (1/2 cup) pure icing sugar, plus extra, to dust
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour, sifted
- Candied lemon peel, to serve (optional)
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 160ml (2/3 cup) lemon juice
- 40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
- Step 1Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with baking paper. Use electric beaters to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the egg. Fold through the flour. Press into the base of the tin. Place in the fridge for 1 hour, to rest.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Bake the base for 25 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3For the topping, use electric beaters to beat the sugar, eggs, yolks, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl. Fold through the flour.
- Step 4Pour over the base. Bake for 30 minutes or until firm. Cool in pan. Place in the fridge to firm. Sprinkle with icing sugar. Cut into squares and top with peel, if using.