pasta sauce, looking for these recipes? check this for 6 best pasta sauce: 8-vegetable pasta sauce
8-vegetable pasta sauce
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, chopped
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 200g cup mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 x 400g cans finely chopped or diced tomatoes
- 700g btl passata
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- Step 1Process the carrot, celery, capsicum, onion and garlic in a food processor until a coarse paste forms.
- Step 2Heat the oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the onion mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are very soft.
- Step 3Meanwhile, process the zucchini and mushroom in the food processor until finely chopped.
- Step 4Add the zucchini mixture to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until the zucchini softens slightly. Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Step 5Add the tomato, passata, 3 cups water and rosemary sprigs to the saucepan. Season. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 1 1/2 hours or until thickened. Remove rosemary sprigs.