recipe with chicken breast, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipe with chicken breast:
Spinach and feta chicken breasts
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 80g soft feta, crumbled
- 4 (about 800g) chicken breast fillets
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 4 sebago potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Step 1Place the spinach in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Squeeze as much excess liquid from the spinach as possible. Use a large knife to coarsely chop and transfer to a small bowl. Add the feta and stir to combine.
- Step 3Cut a small pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Spoon the spinach mixture into each pocket. Wrap 2 prosciutto slices around each to enclose filling.
- Step 4Cook the potato in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for about 15 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Drain well and return to pan. Mash until smooth. Add sour cream and milk and stir to combine. Taste and season.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Step 6Spoon mashed potato evenly among serving plates. Slice the chicken and arrange on the potato and serve immediately.
Feta-stuffed chicken breast
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices feta
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4-8 rashers bacon or prosciutto
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C
- Step 2Cut a slit down 1 side of each chicken breast to form a pocket. Stuff each chicken breast with 1 slice feta and 1 crushed garlic clove. Securely wrap each chicken breast with 1 to 2 strips of bacon or prosciutto.
- Step 3Cut tomatoes into slices. Set aside.
- Step 4Add olive oil and chicken breasts to a frying pan and cook on medium to high heat for approx 2 minutes on each side. Or until bacon is crisp.
- Step 5Remove the contents of the pan and place onto a baking tray. Add tomato slices on top of chicken. Sprinkle lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper, and the remaining garlic clove over the chicken breasts and tomato slices.
- Step 6Place tray into the oven and bake for approx 35 minutes.
Duck breasts with berries
- 2 (about 200g each) boneless duck breasts
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons demerara sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cornflour or arrowroot
- 100ml (5 tablespoons) red wine
- 100ml (5 tablespoons) creme de cassis*
- 75ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 250g mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- Step 1Score the duck by making three slashes through the skin, not the flesh. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, add the duck skin-side down and cook until light golden and most of the fat has been rendered. Transfer to a board, discard most of the fat and allow to cool.
- Step 2Combine the five spice, sugar and cinnamon, then press the mixture into the skin of the duck with your hands. Season with the sea salt and pepper. Return the duck to the pan and cook flesh-side down over low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes, then set aside to rest.
- Step 3Place the cornflour and 2 tablespoons cold water in a jug, stirring to dissolve. Add wine, creme de cassis and stock.
- Step 4Drain all but 1 tablespoon of duck fat from the pan. Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Add the red-wine mixture and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add half the berries and cook for 2-3 minutes. Press the mixture through a sieve and discard the solids.
- Step 5Reheat, adding remaining berries before serving. Season, then place the duck under a hot grill and grill skin-side up until just starting to crisp. Rest for a few minutes, then slice thinly. Serve with a potato galette and a little of the sauce drizzled over.
Baked chicken with sage and prosciutto
- 4 Coles RSPCA Approved Australian Chicken Breast Fillets
- 12 sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (60g) pitted Sicilian olives
- 1/4 cup rosemary sprigs
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place 1 piece of chicken on a clean work surface. Place 3 sage leaves on top of the chicken.
- Step 2Wrap with 2 prosciutto slices. Repeat with the remaining chicken, sage leaves and prosciutto slices.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 2 mins each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a large baking dish.
- Step 4Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until light golden. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat. Spoon the tomato mixture around the chicken in the dish. Top with the olives and rosemary. Season.
- Step 5Bake for 15 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly.
Stuffed chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 100g low-fat ricotta
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 400g chicken breast
- 8 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Step 2In a small bowl, combine the spring onion, ricotta, lemon zest and juice, parsley and pine nuts. Season lightly, then cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile with a sharp knife, make a long incision along the side and into the center of each chicken breast, being careful not to cut through to the other side.
- Step 4Spoon a quarter of the ricotta mixture into each breast. Place 2 slice of prosciutto on your work surface, overlapping them slightly. Place a stuffed chicken breast across the prosciutto, then roll up and secure with toothpicks. Repeat with the remaining chicken and prosciutto.
- Step 5Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add chicken and cook for 4 minutes each side, then transfer to a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Healthier chicken breast and zucchini linguine
- 450g chicken breast fillets, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g zucchini noodles
- 125ml (1/2 cup) light cream
- 80ml (1/3 cup) chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 30g baby spinach, to serve
- 30g parmesan, finely grated
- Step 1Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Season the chicken well and cook for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Step 2Heat oil in the pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes. Add the light cream and chicken stock. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the zucchini noodles are just tender but not soft.
- Step 3Slice the chicken and toss through the sauce along with the dill and chives. Divide among serving bowls. Sprinkle with the spinach and parmesan, to serve.