recipes for biscuits, are you looking for these recipes? check this for the best recipes for biscuits:
Anzac biscuit bliss balls
- 6 (about 175g) Coles Bakery Anzac Biscuits*, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (45g) rolled oats
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- Step 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the biscuit, coconut, oats, cream cheese and golden syrup in a food processor and process until well combined.
- Step 2Roll 1-tbs portions of mixture into balls. Place on lined tray. Place in fridge for 1 hour or until set.
The best chewy Anzac biscuits
- 1 1/4 cups (110g) rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups (110g) desiccated coconut
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 150g unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup (90g) golden syrup
- 1 cup (220g) raw sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C. Combine the oats, coconut, flour and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Set aside. Place the butter, golden syrup and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until butter melts. Bring to a simmer and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, cool slightly, then add the bicarb soda and 1 tbs water. Stir to combine, then pour over the oat mixture.
- Step 2Using a wooden spoon, combine butter and oat mixture. Using 1 tbs mixture each, roll into 24 equal-sized balls. Divide between two baking paper-lined baking trays, leaving 3cm between each.
- Step 3Flatten biscuits slightly, then bake for 10-12 minutes until the top tray is slightly golden. Swap trays and cook for a further 6-8 minutes until all biscuits are golden. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
Easy Christmas biscuits
- 20 mini star-shaped pretzels
- 10 red M&M’s
- 20 candy eyes
- 10 Tim Tam biscuits (see note)
- 50g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 90g dark chocolate, melted, cooled
- 3 rainbow sour straps, cut lengthways into thin strips
- 10 Venetian biscuits
- M&M’s and M&M’s minis, to decorate
- 90g white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 10 milk chocolate digestive biscuits (see note)
- 20 mini red M&M’s
- 2 watermelon cloud lollies, thinly sliced
- Step 1Make Reindeer Biscuits: Using picture as a guide, attach pretzels, M&M’s and candy eyes to Tim Tam biscuits using melted chocolate. Refrigerate until set.
- Step 2Make Bauble Biscuits: Place melted chocolate in a small snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Using picture as a guide, fold sour strap pieces into small bows, securing with a little chocolate. Pipe chocolate onto biscuits. Attach bows, M&M’s and mini M&M’s to biscuits. Refrigerate until set.
- Step 3Make Pudding Biscuits: Place melted chocolate into a small snap-lock bag. Snip off 1 corner. Using picture as a guide, pipe chocolate over top of each biscuit to form ‘custard’. Decorate with mini M&M’s and cloud lollies. Refrigerate until set.
- Step 4To gift, pack biscuits into boxes or cellophane bags and secure with ribbon.
Chocolate gingerbread biscuits
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (110g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) golden syrup
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg, lightly whisked
- 2 3/4 cups (410g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Red and green Mars M&M’s, to decorate
- 1 Coles Australian Free Range Egg white*
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups (240g) pure icing sugar, sifted
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a bowl until pale and creamy. Add the egg and beat until just combined. Add the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and mixed spice and stir to combine. Use your hands to bring the dough together. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 mins or until firm.
- Step 3Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 3mm-thick disc. Use a 9cm cutter to cut out shapes and place on the lined trays, rerolling dough scraps. Bake for 10-12 mins or until just firm. Set aside on the trays to cool.
- Step 4To make the royal icing, whisk the egg white and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Gradually add the icing sugar, stirring well after each addition, until a smooth paste forms.
- Step 5Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a 1mm plain nozzle. Pipe over the biscuits. Use icing to attach the M&M’s to decorate. Set aside for 30 mins to set.
Spiced rocky road biscuits
- 1/3 cup mini pink and white marshmallows, halved crossways
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 3 teaspoons MasterFoods® Cinnamon Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods® Nutmeg Ground
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 15g packet freeze-dried strawberries, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine marshmallows, pecans and chocolate in a small bowl and set aside. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and bicarbonate of soda in a large bowl. Make a well in centre. Add oil, vanilla, egg and milk to well. Stir until just combined.
- Step 3Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on prepared trays, 4cm apart. Bake 1 tray for 6 minutes.
- Step 4Working quickly, remove biscuits from oven. Top biscuits with a little reserved marshmallow mixture. Bake for a further 3 minutes or until marshmallows soften slightly. Cool on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining trays.
- Step 5Sprinkle biscuits with strawberries. Serve warm or at room temperature.
DIY Easter biscuits
- 140g pkt white designer icing, to decorate
- 5 x 35g Coles Bunny Choc Biscuits
- Coles 100’s & 1000’s, to decorate
- Jelly beans, to decorate
- Coles Funny Face icing sugar figurines, eyes only, to decorate
- Pink food colouring
- Step 1Divide icing among 3 bowls. Tint 2 bowls pale and dark pink with food colouring.
- Step 2Transfer white icing to a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle.
- Step 3Pipe white icing around the edge of 2 biscuits, following the markings around the feet and arms. Set aside for 10 mins to set. Fill in ear and feet markings with icing and sprinkle with 100’s & 1000’s. Shake off excess. Continue piping, whiskers and mouth. Use a little icing to attach a jelly bean nose and candy eyes. Set aside for 10 mins to set.
- Step 4Meanwhile, transfer pale pink icing to a piping bag fitted with a small plain nozzle. Fill in the ear and feet markings of 2 more biscuits with icing, using a wet finger to gently pat down and smooth the icing. Continue piping, following the markings on the biscuit to make the whiskers and mouth. Use a little icing to attach a jelly bean nose and candy eyes. Repeat with dark pink icing, remaining biscuit, jelly bean and candy eyes. Set aside for 10 mins to set.