recipes with eggplant, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best recipes with eggplant: Cheat’s eggplant parmigiana,Pork and eggplant parmigiana,Lamb and eggplant pastry pizzas
Cheat’s eggplant parmigiana
- 400g jar Barilla Olive pasta sauce
- 200g piece mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 16 slices (about 500g) chargrilled eggplant
- 30g (1/4 cup) MasterFoods Garlic & Herb Schnitzel Mix
- 20g (1/4 cup) pre-shredded parmesan
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Lightly grease a small shallow baking tray or ovenproof frying pan and place under the grill to warm.
- Step 2Spoon pasta sauce into a microwave-safe bowl. Cover. Microwave on High for 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Step 3While pasta sauce heats up, thinly slice the mozzarella and shred the basil.
- Step 4Once the tray or pan is warm, carefully remove from oven and place 4 eggplant slices in the base. Top each slice with one-quarter of the pasta sauce, one-quarter of the mozzarella and one-third of the basil. Repeat layering 3 more times, finishing with mozzarella. Sprinkle with the schnitzel mix and parmesan. Season.
- Step 5Grill for 5 minutes or until warmed through and golden on top. Serve topped with extra basil.
Lamb and eggplant pastry pizzas
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 2 (about 200g each) Coles Australian Lamb Backstraps
- 3 tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, thinly sliced crossways
- 2 zucchini, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 cup (140g) Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 200g Coles Hommus Dip
- 1/2 cup (80g) pomegranate seeds
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut each pastry sheet in half crossways. Use a small sharp knife to score a 1cm border around the edge of each pastry rectangle (don’t cut all the way through). Use a fork to prick the pastry all over inside the border. Place on the lined tray. Bake for 20 mins or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine the lamb, Moroccan seasoning and half the oil in a large bowl. Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Cook the lamb for 3 mins each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 mins to rest. Thinly slice the lamb.
- Step 3Brush the eggplant and zucchini with remaining oil. Cook the eggplant on the grill for 2 mins each side or until lightly charred and tender. Transfer to a plate. Cook the zucchini on the grill for 1 min each side or until just tender. Transfer to the plate with the eggplant.
- Step 4Combine the yoghurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season.
- Step 5Place the pastry rectangles on serving plates. Spread the bases with the dip. Top with the eggplant, zucchini, lamb and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with the yoghurt mixture.
Pork and eggplant parmigiana
- 1 cup (75g) panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 x 400g pkts Coles Australian Pork Sizzle Steak*
- Olive oil, to shallow-fry
- 1 large eggplant, sliced crossways
- 500g Coles Mum’s Sause Garden Veg
- 200g mozzarella, sliced
- Green salad, to serve
- Step 1Place the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic and parsley in a shallow bowl and stir to combine. Season. Place the egg in a separate shallow bowl. Dip 1 pork steak in the egg, then in the breadcrumb mixture and turn to coat. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in batches, with the remaining pork, egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Step 2Add enough oil to a large frying pan to come 1cm up the side of the pan. Heat over medium heat. Cook the pork, in batches, for 3 mins each side or until the pork is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Wipe the pan clean.
- Step 3Add enough oil to the frying pan to come 1cm up the side. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, in batches, for 1 min each side or until golden brown. Transfer to another plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 4Preheat grill on high. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place the pork on the lined tray. Spoon the pasta sauce evenly over the pork. Top with the eggplant and mozzarella. Cook under the grill for 5 mins or until mozzarella melts and is golden.
- Step 5Divide the pork mixture and salad evenly among serving plates. Season.