scalloped potato recipes, are you looking for these recipes? check this for 8 bestscalloped potato recipes:
Creamy scalloped potato tray bake
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 large red potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2/3 cup grated 3 cheese blend (see note)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Grease a 3.5cm-deep, 21cm x 30cm baking tray.
- Step 2Place cream and garlic in a microwave- safe jug. Microwave on HIGH (100%) for 1 minute 30 seconds or until warm.
- Step 3Meanwhile, arrange half the potato, in layers and slightly overlapping, in prepared tray. Sprinkle with half the thyme and cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Pour over half the cream mixture. Arrange remaining potato, in layers and slightly overlapping, on top. Pour over remaining cream mixture. Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until potato is just tender.
- Step 5Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining thyme and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and potato is tender. Serve.
- 4 large potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/2 pkt french onion soup mix
- 450ml pure cream or light cooking cream
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C.
- Step 2Layer the potato slices in a casserole baking dish.
- Step 3In a bowl, combine soup mix and cream. Pour over sliced potatoes, making sure they are well covered. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until top golden brown.
Homemade battered potato scallops
- 750g large potatoes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups soda water
- 1 litre peanut oil (or canola/vegetable oil)
- 2 cups flour, extra, for dipping
- Step 1Wash and peel potatoes> cut into thin slices, about 3mm (1/8 inch) in thickness, dry well.
- Step 2Sift flour, salt and pepper into bowl, make a well in centre, gradually add water, mixing to a fairly thick coating batter; beat until smooth and free of lumps.
- Step 3Coat potato slices lightly with extra flour, shake off excess. Dip each slice into prepared batter, making sure potato slices are well covered. Drain excess batter from each slice before frying.
- Step 4Heat oil in large pan until shimmering. Deep-fry battered potato slices, a few at a time, until lightly golden. Remove from oil, drain on absorbent paper. Increase heat of oil slightly, add the potato scallops, re-fry until rich golden brown. Drain again, sprinkle with salt.
Seafood skewers with grilled lettuce and blue cheese dressing
- 1.5kg kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 16 uncooked medium king prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 16 cleaned baby octopus, heads removed (if octopus is a little large, halve)
- 16 large scallops without roe
- 750g firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80g blue cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, cut into thick wedges
- Step 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until almost cooked. Drain. Halve lengthways.
- Step 2Place seafood in a large bowl. Add garlic, dill, onions, rind, mustard and oil. Toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Thread seafood, alternating varieties, onto 16 metal or wooden skewers.
- Step 3Mash blue cheese with a fork in a small bowl. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Step 4Preheat an oil-sprayed chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes and lettuce, turning, or until lettuce is just tender and potatoes are golden and crisp. Transfer to serving plates.
- Step 5Cook skewers on chargrill until seafood is just cooked and changed in colour. Serve with potatoes, lettuce and dressing.
- Step 6Pair this dish with Houghton White Classic.
Fish pie with mash
- 20g butter
- 3/4 cup (185ml) olive oil
- 1 leek, pale section only, washed, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1kg black mussels, debeared
- 25ml white wine
- 4-5 desiree potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 250g scallops
- 250g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 300g white fish fillets (such as snapper or blue-eye), cut into 3cm cubes
- 300g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 3cm cubes
- 1 cup (80g) coarsely grated cheddar
- 3/4 cup (75g) fresh (made from day old bread) breadcrumbs
- Salad leaves, to serve
- 30g butter
- 1/4 cup (40g) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock (see Notes)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Heat butter and 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the leek, onion and mushroom and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes or until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Step 2Heat half the remaining oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the mussels and wine and cook, covered, for 1 minute. Shake the pan. Cook for a further 1-3 minutes or until mussels open. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool slightly. Remove the mussels from the shells and set aside.
- Step 3Place potato in a large saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil over high heat. Cook for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain well. Return to the pan with the remaining oil and use a potato masher or fork to roughly mash. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Step 4To make the white sauce, melt butter a large saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbling. Gradually add stock, stirring, until thickened. Add cream, ginger, mustard and juice. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until sauce boils and thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Arrange the leek mixture, mussels, scallops, prawns, white fish and salmon evenly among four 2-cup (500ml) capacity ovenproof dishes. Pour the white sauce evenly over each dish. Top with mashed potato and sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs. Place dishes on an oven tray. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden and heated through. Serve immediately with salad.