soup miso, looking for these recipes? check this for 3 best soup miso: Chicken and udon noodle red miso broth,Miso soup
Chicken and udon noodle red miso broth
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 1/3 cup red miso paste
- 180g dried udon noodles
- 1 large carrot, diagonally sliced
- 300g broccoli, small florets
- 100g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peeled edamame
- 300g silken firm tofu, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Finely shredded nori, to serve
- Toasted sesame seeds, to serve
- Step 1Place stock and 1 litre cold water in a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil. Add chicken. Return to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through. Remove from heat. Stand chicken in stock mixture for 5 minutes. Transfer chicken to a chopping board. Thinly slice chicken.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place miso paste and 1/4 cup of hot stock mixture in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Step 3Cook noodles following packet directions. Drain.
- Step 4Meanwhile, bring stock mixture to a gentle boil over medium heat. Add paste mixture. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until combined. Add carrot and broccoli. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, edamame, noodles, chicken and tofu. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Step 5Divide broth mixture among serving bowls. Top with onion, nori and sesame seeds. Serve.
- 4 cups (1 litre) dashi stock
- 20g dried seaweed (see note)
- 1/4 cup (75g) red miso paste
- 150g silken tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 3 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place the dashi in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. reduce heat to low. Add the seaweed and cook for 1 minute or until seaweed softens. Add the tofu and cook for a further 1 minute or until heated through.
- Step 2Place the miso paste in a small bowl. Add a little of the dashi, stirring until miso dissolves. Add the miso mixture to the saucepan and gently stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. remove from heat.
- Step 3Ladle miso evenly among serving bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and serve immediately.