Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe, looking for these recipes? check this for 4 best Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe: Sweet N’ Sour Meatballs , Sheik’s Sweet N’ Sour Meatballs , Crockpot Sweet and Sour Meatballs , Sweet and Sour Meatballs (only 3 Ingredients!!)
Sweet and Sour Meatballs (only 3 Ingredients!!)
Recipe by: doctorwho30
- 1 packages Frozen meatballs-32oz (or you can make your own).
- 1 1/2 cup Grape jelly.
- 1 1/2 cup Ketchup (or chili sauce if you like more zip).
- Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the 3 ingredients and mix together.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours depending on how fast your crockpot cooks.
- You can eat over rice, mashed potatoes, noodles or you can poke each meatball with a toothpick and have as an appetizer.
Sweet N’ Sour Meatballs
Recipe by: StephieCanCook
- 2 cup all natural no sugar added pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all natural ketchup
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 30 to 50 pre-cooked meatballs (depending on size)
- 1 can (20oz) pineapple chunks in natural juices – drained, juice reserved
- 2 tbsp green onions – sliced diagonally for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine 2c pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl make a slurry by whisking together the cornstarch and 3tbs of the reserved juice from the pineapple chunks.
- Slowly pour the slurry into the sauce, whisking constantly. Bring back to a simmer, whisk in sriracha until completely combined and simmer about 2 minutes to begin thickening.
- Stir in meatballs, reduce heat to medium, and simmer covered with lid vented until meatballs have heated through and sauce has thickened. About 8 – 15 minutes. Time will depend if you are using frozen or thawed meatballs. NOTE: You can use store bought or homemade, in frozen or thawed state.
- When meatballs are heated through, turn heat to low and stir in pineapple chunks. Serve over steamed rice, or ala carte with a side salad for a lower carb option. Garnish either with green onions. Enjoy!
- Alternate serving suggestion: Use cocktail skewers to make party appetizers for the holidays. Stab one pineapple chunk and one meatball per skewer, arrange on a platter. Serve with sauce on the side for dipping!
Crockpot Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Recipe by: Deneen Flowers
- 5 lb frozen package of meatballs
- 32 oz jar of grape jelly
- 1 jar of chili sauce
- 1 tbsp hot pepper flakes (opt)
- 1 can chunk pineapple (opt)
- Mix grape jelly, chili sauce and hot pepper flakes together in crockpot. You can add pineapple to the mixture if you want. Stir in the frozen meatballs to the mixture.
- Cook on high for four to six hours in crockpot. Stir every two hours.
Sheik’s Sweet N’ Sour Meatballs
Recipe by: The Sheik (Curtis David)
- 2 cups red peppers, cubed
- 2 cups sweet onions, cubed
- 2 cups broccoli, deflowered
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef (80% lean)
- 1/2 cup sweet onions, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup Pastene Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 egg
- Meatball Sauté
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Sweet N’ Sour Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple chunks (20 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
1 1/2 hours
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Cube the red peppers and sweet onions and deflower and cut the broccoli.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly.
- Roll out your meatballs slightly smaller in size than that of a golf ball. If you got a good eye, the recipe should yield 36 of these scrumptious babies.
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and take a 9 by 15 baking dish, in line it with heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Next, preheat a large fry pan to high heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil mixed with 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce. Lightly saute the meatballs on all sides to a slightly brown color. You do not want to cook the meatballs through! Just saute them.
- When the meatballs are done, carefully place them in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce. Use a whisk to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Next, add your fresh vegetables and again, mix thoroughly.
- Carefully pour the sweet and sour sauce and vegetables over the meatballs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 1 hour. Cook an additional half hour, uncovered.
- Fresh out of the oven!